Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tomato Sauce with Bay Leaves (pg.130)

My house had an abundance of squash this week, and along with a delicious can of tomatoes from last weeks lab, I was glade to try a baked spaghetti squash recipe I had come across a few weeks earlier.  
 I tossed a spaghetti squash in the oven at 375 degrees for an hour, and all the while began saucin'. I thought the addition of bay leaves and, more importantly, cinnamon would bring out a little sweetness in the squash!  (Sorry I forgot to snap a photo of the sauce cooking process)
This was my first experience with spaghetti squash and I was pleasantly surprised with the spaghettiness that it has.  All you have to do is scrap the squash from the skin and it's just like noodles!
Mix the tomato sauce and squash, top with some parmesan cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes.





    










No comments:

Post a Comment