Monday, October 8, 2012

I like to EAT, EAT, EAT!


APPLES and Bananas !!!

Although I'm sorry bananas, it's nothing personal I swear! But today is all about the apples,
and even more specifically apple crisp!

You heard me!

I said apple crisp! The glorious pan of warm-cinnamony-spicey-sweet-apple-goodness served with cold vanilla ice cream and a large dose of nostalgia. In my house, apple crisp was always such a treat. It was served out of our little pampered chef glass baking dish and you new that if you weren't there RIGHT when it was ready, you could forget ever getting any! Especially if my brother was home, he sucked it up like Noo-Noo! (Yes that is right, I just referenced the vacuum from Teletubbies :D)

Either way be prepared for the bombardment of hungry folks who will come at you the second you pull it out of the oven and be sure to get your share!



Ingredients (pg884)

  • 12 Granny Smith Apples
  • 2 Sticks of butter
  • 1 1/2 Cups of Rolled Oats
  • 4 Tsp Cinnamon 
  • 1 Tsp Nutmeg 
  • 1 Tsp Ginger 
  • 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp of Flour
  • 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • LOTSA LOVE! (This is a must!)

<- This probably one my favorite pictures,  just look a little closer to find out why!



Step 1 Preheat oven to 375* and peel, core and slice all of your apples in 1/4 inch slices.
Step 2 Mix together half of all your spices, granulated sugar and 2 Tbsp of Flour in a large bowl.
Step 3 Toss apples in sugar and spice mixture and mix it up nice!




<-VERY nice!

Step 4 Combine the rest of the ingredients in another large bowl and use your God given utensils (Hands) to combine.

Step 5 Crumble over your apples and place in the oven for about 30-45 minutes depending on your preference of "Crispieness". 





After noshing on spaghetti, garlic bread, fruit and about 3 other kinds of cookies people brought, I left to take the bus with about half a pan to my name. (Fun story if any ladies are looking to catch a golden gopher basketball players eye, just walk around with a tray of apple crisp, It works wonders!) When I got back I offered some to two friends of mine where they proceeded to Noo-noo that sucker dry!
But hey that's why I love to cook in the first place! To spread a little love to all the people I care about in my life! 

Best Wishes and Tasty Dishes,
Rachel

Oh and did you figure it out? 





<-Please say hello to my dweeberific friend Harold :D!

No comments:

Post a Comment