Sunday, October 14, 2012

Applesauce Muffins

This week I made applesauce, which was delicious.  I then decided to try making muffins with my applesauce.  I used Bittman's Basic Muffins recipe on page 249.  I made a few substitutions so my muffins would turn out apple-spice flavored.  I substituted half of the oil with applesauce, and added in more applesauce for good measure.  I substituted one cup of flour for whole wheat flour and added a teaspoon of cinnamon.





They turned out really well!  I ended up having a couple muffins for breakfast every morning.  I really liked Bittman's basic recipe for muffins.  I love making and eating muffins, and most of the time want to experiment with recipes.  Bittman's recipe gives me a good template from which to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment