The recipe called for:
- 2 cups Broccoli or cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 medium to large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup scallion
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water, or chicken or vegetable broth
*The recipe called for minced ginger, but I overlooked that ingredient when I was grocery shopping, so I made the stir fry without it.
In a large skillet, I added, the other half of garlic, and the chicken.
When the chicken was done, I added the vegetables to the large skillet and tossed them together. I then added the sugar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and water, and stirred it all together.
I also made white rice (pg. 458), and served them together.
My mom, dad, sister, and I ate this for dinner. Everyone said it tasted really good! I found that this recipe was very simple, and its something I would make again in the future.