Sunday, October 28, 2012

Chicken Soup with Tortellini and Watercress Spinach
[pg. 75, softcover]

I decided I wanted to make soup for this week's recipe because this time of the year always makes me want a belly full of warmth, which soup does very well.  Above you can see that I crossed out watercress because that was the original title in Bittman but I used spinach instead.




This is a super easy recipe that doesn't require a lot of ingredients and doesn't take a lot of time at all.


You just chop up your 3 vegetables and put them in the broth to simmer until the carrots are soft, while also cooking up the tortellini until nearly tender.


After everything is tender or nearly tender you can combine it all into one pot and let cook for a little bit longer.


And perfection! Just top it off with some Parmesan cheese and you are good to go!  It was a very delicious soup, I was kind enough to give the left overs to my parents which they have already eaten all of.





No comments:

Post a Comment