Saturday, October 27, 2012

Baked Eggs

Baked (Shirred) Eggs
John Frame

For this weeks cooking blog, I was looking for something cheap that could be substituted into the challenge recipe meal plan. I went over the planned meals and realized that I did not even consider eggs. I think they would work well into the current challenge recipe because they not very expensive and can be cooked in several ways. Looking over the recipes, I found one that seemed weird so I went ahead and started cooking. The recipe is called Baked (Shirred) Eggs and can be found on page 798 of the red Bittman book. 




When I first read the recipe, I had to do a double take because it seemed to easy. Believe it or not, they are easier to make than scrambled eggs! The basics is you crack an egg is a small glass bowl and bake it. No additional work required. 




The first bowl I took out of the oven was cooked very nicely. It was not runny but not burnt. The texture and taste of the egg reminded me of a hard boiled egg but warm. The second bowl I took out of the oven was larger and not quite as cooked. I thought that this bowl had the texture of a sunny side up egg. Either way, they were both good and I'll make this recipe again when I am looking for a simple egg to make!






No comments:

Post a Comment