Sunday, October 21, 2012

Popcorn

I'm snacking on some tasty buttered popcorn as I write this post, while I admit that popcorn is very simple, I cooked a lot this week from other cookbooks so wanted to just make something small from Bittman.  I got very excited after purchasing our instructor Jenny Breen's cookbook, "Cooking Up the Good Life."  Last night I made African Peanut Stew with Spiced Millet from her book.  Friday night I participated in Project Cook where we made cornbread and chili.  This week I also made applesauce, apple jelly, honey muffins, adzuki bean dip, quinoa, sprouted wheat berry bread, and steamed, seasoned kale.

The popcorn recipe came from p. 16 in Bittman.



The popcorn was good.  I've made it before with the recipe that came with the popcorn, but it included a lot of oil.  Bittman's recipe was less oily, and I cut down on the butter too for a little healthier snack option.


For good measure, here's a shot of the African Peanut Stew with Spiced Millet that I made from Jenny's cookbook.  It's really creamy and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment