Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Roast Pork with Sage and Potatoes

This week I made Roast Pork with Sage and Potatoes (pg. 754-755) from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything.




This recipe called for:

2 tbsp  minced garlic
2 tbsp minced fresh sage leaves or 2 tsps dried sage
salt and ground black pepper
2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
One 3- to 4- pound pork loin roast, bone in, one 2- to 3- pound boneless roast, or a similar-sized portion of fresh ham








 First, I peeled the potatoes and cut them into cube size pieces. After that I minced the garlic.

I then mixed together the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. We didn't have sage so I left that out of the recipe. Hopefully it doesnt affect the taste too much!







I put the potatoes in a roasting pan and tossed them with olive oil and the garlic mixture. I didn't have one 3- to 4- pound pork loin roast, bone in, one 2- to 3- pound boneless roast, or a similar-sized portion of fresh ham, but I did have 3 pork cutlets. So I nestled the pork cutlets among the potatoes and poured a little more olive oil over them. Then I put them in the oven at 425. After 30 minutes I stirred the potatoes and then dropped the temperature of the oven down to 325. I then stirred the potatoes every 15 minutes. When the meat was done, I transferred the meat to a warm platter. I then increased the oven to 450 to make sure the potatoes were done.






When everything was done, I served the pork with the potatoes. It was also served with gravy and corn.Everyone thought it tasted good. They didn't like, however, that it took so long to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment