Monday, October 29, 2012

Banana Bread

I love baked goods with bananas.  They're delicious.  I wanted to make some banana bread this week so I checked out Bittman's recipe.  My mom has a recipe that I love, but it uses shortening which isn't my favorite.  I wanted to use butter and some whole grain flour, and both of those ingredients were in Bittman's recipe on page 249.  The recipes were pretty similar.  I only changed Bittman's recipe in that I doubled the amount of baking soda and used 1 tbsp of lemon juice mixed with the mashed bananas, which is what my mom always does.

Bittman's recipe next to my mom's handwritten one.




This banana bread turned out incredibly well.  The problem with my mom's recipe is that the outside of the bread gets really dark, nearly burned, before the inside is cooked.  This recipe had no such issue, the inside was perfectly done and the outside was the perfect color.  It's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment