Monday, October 22, 2012

Spaniah Omlete

I woke up in the mood for a  hearty breakfast.  Something that would warm me up and energize me for my busy Saturday I had planned.  I started getting into making omelets a few years ago (there is an art you know).  I usually have a Asparagus and Parmesan Omelet that is my go to.  So I decided to step outside my green box and check out what Bittman had.  I found his Simplest Omelet recipe on page 802 of How to Cook Everything.  I actually had all the ingredients on hand which usually does not always happen for me so that was quite exciting especially Saturday morning.
 Started off with some produce, the peppers are from my garden, still trying to get through those things.  The rest are things I had sitting in the fridge, its hard to tell but both the onion and the tomato are cut in half. I also wanted to add in some flavoring and that is cumin and paprika in the bottles.
 I chopped and sauteed up  all of the veggies in some olive oil for 5 minutes or so.  I like the charred ends.  Set that aside and whipped up 2 eggs. Added that to a buttered pan (I like using butter when making my omelet) Now I am personally lucky enough to have a proper omelet pan but if you do not, which was me for many years, you still can make a decent looking omelet.  There is a trick and know every one has different ways, I will say its different every time.  Just dont leave the stove top they cook up quickly! I suggest playing around and seeing what feels right for you, or you-tube it.
A tasty little breakfast that really did not take to much time. I got my morning news and a breakfast.  Great start to my Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment