Sunday, October 28, 2012

Baked Eggs with Collard Greens, Onions, and Cheese.



To me, there is nothing more perfect than a Sunday brunch to top off a weekend great weekend.  I've always, always struggled choosing between savory egg options and sugary syrups, but today was an egg day.  I flipped through Bittman's Eggs, Breakfast, and Brunch chapter and stumble upon Baked Eggs (pg. 798).  



Ingredients are basic and I added some onions, collards, and parmesan cheese I had in the fridge just waiting to be used.



 
Bittman suggests covering the bottom on the baking dish with what ever additional ingredients you are using, in this case collards and onions and then making "nests" for the eggs to sit it while they bake. 

the finished product...
...was delicious

 






No comments:

Post a Comment