Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pureed Vegetables


Pureed Vegetables
John Frame


For this weeks cooking blog post, I decided to make some pureed vegetables. I was back home when I decided to do the cooking so I used some of the rutabagas that were grown in the garden. The recipe is found on page 243 in the red Bittman book.  The directions were very simple to follow and the pureed rutabagas went very well with roast beef.  I liked this recipe because it has so many applications that can be used for in quick easy meals. From what was written in the book, any root vegetable can be used and in any combination with other root vegetables.


I did make one alteration to the recipe. Instead of saving some of the water that the rutabagas were boiled in to add later to get the blender going, I used some warmed milk. I thought this alteration made the pureed rutabagas more like mashed potatoes but with a different taste.





Overall, I was very happy with the outcome. I am glad I learned how to do this because there are so many applications pureed vegetables can be used for. I don’t think I would like a meal of just pureed vegetables but pureed vegetables with some other food would be great. I will utilize this recipe again in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment