Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Butter Cookies

Butter Cookies
John Frame

I have never really got the hang of baking and after this weeks cooking event, I can tell that I still haven't figured it out yet. 

This was the first time that I have made cookies from scratch. As I was looking through Bittman, I found a baking recipe that seemed like it would make a good cookie. The recipe was Butter Cookie found on page 892. 

The overall baking event was not that enjoyable. For starters, I did not use soft enough butter and I did not have an electric mixer. I was not timing the mixing process but to get the butter and sugar mixed, took me about 5 minutes. I still had all of the flour to mix up with that batter. It was a very tough process.

I think that if I were going to make these cookies again, I would make a few alterations. For starters, I would have an electric mixer and have softer butter. This would cut down on the time it would take to make them. And I would also have a frosting to put on the cookies to make them a bit tastier.  Overall, this was not the best batch of cookies that I have eaten.



No comments:

Post a Comment