If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want some milk to go with it.
If you give Rachel half a pound of peanut butter, she'll want a to make granola with it!
Ok I'll be honest, I would actually just want a spoon to go with it so I could just go to town! But in order to prevent that 8 month old peanut butter induced food baby, I thought some granola would be a better option!
Look at the spoon relative to all that peanut butter!
Also this peanut butter isn't just ANY peanut butter!
No , no , no, This my friends is Chocolate, BANANA, Honey Peanut butter!
All of the NOMS!
So Granola Time!
Inspired by Mark Bittman Pg. 821
2 Cups Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Crumbs
1 Cup of Crasins
1 Cup of Nuts
1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup of Honey
3 Egg Whites (these help the granola make those nummy clusters while adding extra protein)
2 Tsp of Cinnamon
*Kashi crumbs are the bits and pieces left at the bottom of the bag after you have finished all the oatmeal squares. You can just replace that with more oats but I just didn't want any little bits of my cereal to go to waist.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and mix together oats, cinnamon and Kashi crumbs in a large bowl.
2. Roughly nuts and toss into the bowl with the oats and crumbs.
3. Mix in peanut butter, egg whites and honey.
4. Spray a pan with cooking spray and pour granola mixture in a nice think layer. Place in the over for 30 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
Mmmmm look at those clusters!
5. Remove from oven and let cool completely before you add the crasins and chocolate.
This granola is good for snacking, over greek yogurt for a healthy breakfast or over ice cream for a decadent dessert!
It also makes a great gift!
I actually packaged it up for the BF who is a cereal eating fiend and has been gobbling it up ever since :)!
Warm wishes and tasty dishes!