Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fettuccine Alfredo

Today I made Fettuccine Alfredo (pg. 506-507) from Mark  Bittman's How to Cook Everything.

The recipe called for:

  • salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • fettuccine 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan
  • ground black pepper






I brought a pot of water to a boil and salted it. This would be used for the fettuccine.



While the pasta was cooking, I warmed up a bowl in the microwave. Then I whisked 4 eggs, 1 cup heavy cream, and and 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese in the warmed bowl. I doubled the ingredients because the ingredients given were for 4 servings. The recipe said to toss the pasta with the cheese-egg-cream mixture, drizzle it with the butter, and then toss again. However, in my cheese-egg-cream mixture, the cheese wasn't melted very well. Because of this, I added the butter to the mixture and put the mixture in a small pot to heat it up a bit and melt the cheese. This also thickened the mixture.


When the fettuccine was done, I poured the Alfredo sauce over it. Then I topped it with cooked broccoli and chicken. Which I prepared at the same time as the Alfredo sauce and fettuccine.


The broccoli was a suggested addition in the book.

Everyone said it tasted really good! It was very simple to make, so I think I will probably make it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment