Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cream Cheese Brownies


Cream Cheese Brownies
John Frame



Getting ready for next weeks lab on deserts, I decided to give it a try on some brownies found on page 881 of the red Bittman book. I decided to try the variation that included cream cheese. I was a little leery of baking after the butter cookie fail that I made. But I hunkered down and went to work on them.




 
This was the first time that I made brownies and I was really surprised at how easy they were to make. There was not much to them besides chocolate, butter, flower, sugar, and egg. The only extra ingredient that I had to add for the cream cheese variation was some cream cheese. The baking time was not too extensive and very comparable to other box brownie mixes.






Overall, the brownies turned out great. I think these brownies were better than the ones that I have made from the box kits and almost just as simple. The cream cheese variation was a very nice variation and I would definitely make them again. Next time I might try some of the other variations just to see how they taste and turn out. These brownies were great by themselves but they were extra tasty with a scoop of ice cream on top.







No comments:

Post a Comment