1-2-3-4-5 <- That's the amount of ingredients you'll need for this recipe and that is INCLUDING the olive oil, salt and pepper! And may it also be a testament that some of the most simple recipes can also be some of the tastiest :)
So may I please introduce you to my
ROASTY TOASTY GARLIC BEETS AND POTATOES :D
Or as I like to call them... Little Nuggets of Crispy Love!
Cause the salty garlic crust you get on these bad boys when you just let them do their thing in the oven is indescribable!
1lb of yukon gold potatoes
1/2 lb of beets
2 bulbs of garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 400* and chop the tops of the bulbs off the garlic so that the cloves are exposed. Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper and roast in oven until garlic turns soft (about 35 minutes).
2. While the garlic is roasting, chop the potatoes and beets into 1/2" cubes.
3. Take the pan you are planning to roast the veggies on, drizzle with oil, and place in the oven to heat the oil so that it can create a nice sear on the outside of the veggies when placed on the hot pan.
4. When the oil is hot, toss in the beets and potatoes, salt and pepper and let them do their thing.
I MEAN IT!
*You know in Toy Story, how the toys only come to life when you aren't looking?
THATS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE OVEN!
So put your pan in the oven, watch an episode of modern family on Hulu, come back, give the veg a toss, watch another episode and you're golden!
^ ;) and yes pun very much intended!
5. Mix your garlic with warm veggies and season to taste! ( If you want, I added a little rosemary at this point and it was scrumptious!)
WARNING: BAD BREATH FACTOR WITH THE AMOUNT OF GARLIC LOVE IN THIS DISH! PLEASE DO NOT CONSUME ON FIRST DATE!
Mark Bittman Pg. 341 Oven Roasted Potatoes
INSTEAD! This dish would be great as a side dish for thanksgiving, for a dinner party or just on a random tuesday!
Warm Wishes and Tasty Dishes,