Sunday, December 30, 2012

Twelve Tastes of Christmas


Since the BF and I are both broke college students, we decided to get a little creative this holiday season. We were not allowed to spend money on one another's gifts! That's right! Not a dime! Zip, Nada Zilch!
 So what is a little foodie like me to do? 
COOK OF COURSE! 

but Rachel don't ingredients cost money?
-Well yes they do, but being that he drove up from Mankato to see me all semester I was able to convince him to let me spend a little money. Tehehe so sneaky!


Anyway being that we are both big Christmas nuts, I felt it'd be fun to set up a Twelve Days of Christmas themed meal where all the different ingredients would represent each of the different days.

Partridge in a pear tree : Pear 
Two Turtle Doves : Dove Chocolate
Three French Hens : French Bread
Four Calling Birds : Chicken
Five Golden Rings : Five Butternut Squash Rounds
Six Geese a Laying : Eggs
Seven Swans a Swimming : Water(*Not Pictured)
Eight Maids a Milking : Goat Cheese
Nine Drummers Drumming : Chocolate Custard "Drums" 
Ten Pipers Piping : Champange Flutes (*Not Pictured)
Eleven Ladies Dancing : Pink Lady Apples
Twelve Lords A Leaping : Carrots 

 <- First Course 

  • 8 Maids a Milking
  • 3 French Hens
  • Partridge in a Pear Tree




Main Course->

  • 4 Calling Birds
  • 5 Golden Rings
  • 7 Ladies Dancing
  • 12 Lords a Leaping






<-Dessert Course
  • 2 Turtle Doves
  • 6 Geese a Laying
  • 9 Drummers Drumming







To make the evening a little extra special, I decorated my room winter wonderland style.

I set up a little bistro set with a gold table cloth
 Christmas china with red chargers
 Snow flake candle 
String Christmas lights
 A little Christmas tree
Pulled up the yule log youtube video
Played the Michael Buble' Christmas album
Made my Bed into a giant snow hill equipped with a skiing Santa
 I hired two elves (my mom and my brother) to cut out snow flakes to be hung all over my room.

Best Wishes and Tasty Dishes,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment