Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Chili


Chili
John Frame


With the short winter days setting in, I thought it would be nice to ward off the cold with some chili. This was going to be the first batch of chili that I would have for the winter season so my expectations were high. My previous experiences with chili were relatively minimal. My mom usually makes it and when I help her, she just tells me what to do. For this batch of chili, I used the recipe from the Bittman cookbook.


Making the chili was pretty straightforward. Using a crock-pot to cook the chili made for a fantastic meal at the end of a day after being outside. I topped the chili with some shredded mozzarella cheese, sour cream, and some smashed tortilla chips.  I am glad that I made this chili and I am even more glad that I had plenty of left overs for the days to come. I will most likely be making more chili at some other time this winter and I will keep this recipe at hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment