Sunday, December 2, 2012

Oatmeal with Fixings

This is the way I make oatmeal for breakfast everyday. I've read that it's good to eat warm foods for breakfast because warm foods act as kindling to get your digestive fire burning. I wonder why so many cold dense dairy based foods are so popular for breakfast.

I like the oats to be very soft and porridge-like so I boil the oats on high heat in water for a few minutes. Then I let is simmer and add the fruit, nuts, spices, vanilla and maple syrup. Once the oats have reached the consistency that I like, I put the oatmeal in a bowl and eat it with a mug of tea.

Recipe:
Oats
Fruit (cranberries, apples, pears)
Nut (walnuts, pecans, almonds)
Spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, tiny bit of ginger)
Vanilla
Maple syrup



Oatmeal: a good way to start the day


No comments:

Post a Comment