Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sauteed Nanners!
[a.k.a. sauteed bananas Bittman pg. 627]

So I needed to make some quick and that required the ingredients I had in my home, as I was flipping through Bittman trying to figure it out I came a crossed the recipe for Sauteed Bananas and I had ALL the ingredients!

Flour, sugar, butter, bananas, and lemon juice
I cut the recipe in half because I didn't have 4 bananas, and 2 bananas were enough for me since I was going to be the only one eating this baby.


First you peel banana, peel peel banana (does every girl scout out there remember this song?). Then you cut the bananas into 4 pieces; once in half and once long ways.


Then you dredge the banana pieces in some flour. Shake off any excess flour.  As you do this or right after melt 1.5 tbsp (3 if your not cutting the recipe in half) in a skillet.


After the melt has totally melted, add the floured banana slices into the skillet and flip frequently for 10 minutes until they are golden brown.  Then add 1 tbsp (double if your not cutting in half) and cook for 1 more minute.  After that you can add additional sugar and lemon juice to bring out the sweetness.  Either eat as is or....


...on steel cut oats!!!! They were very yummy, but I suggest waiting for them to cool down a bit before eating them.



No comments:

Post a Comment