Oh Minne-SNOW-ta how I missed the!
**and long winter nights!**
I love it all!
... Ok maybe not learning the dangers of cookie sheet surfing...
BUT other than that, winter is wonderful!
And know what is extra wonderful after a day of playing in the snow?
A big warm pan of
- 2 cups instant rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Enough peanut butter to dollop on top (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 bananas, sliced (about 1/2 cm thickness)
- 1/4 Dark or Semisweet Chocolate Chips
(1) Preheat oven 350* and Lightly grease 2 1/2 quart baking dish
(2) In a medium mixing bowl, mix together rolled oats, cinnamon and baking powder.
(3) Then stir in milk, vanilla, maple syrup and lightly beaten egg untill well combined.
(4)Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish.
(5) Dollop peanut butter evenly, and then layer bananas on top so that they partially overlap. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
(6) Bake for 45 minutes or until the mixture is set and edge is brown. Allow the baked oatmeal to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
(7) Grab a tall glass of milk and enjoy! :D
Warm wishes and tasty dishes!