Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Saint Paul's Farmers Market

I went to check out the Saint Paul's Farmers Market.  Its located in downtown Saint Paul at
290 East 5th Street.  I went there Saturday October 27, it was a perfect brisk fall morning.  I just love our falls here in Minnesota.



There was quite a lot of action going on up and down the long aisles under the covered market.   Venders trying to stay warm selling there goods. There were a large assorment of fall vegetables, lots of greens, squashes, pumpkins, a variety of tubers. Fruits like apples and cranberries. You can get an variety of processed meats from local farmers.  And there are a few stands that have specialty products like honey, cider, and cheeses.



The consumer demographic was quite large. I saw families with young children, older couples, young couples, groups of friends, a mix of races and nationalities.  I also noticed the SNAP programs EBT and the many vendors that marketed their acceptance of them.  It was a fun experience and I left with a bounty of local product, some are my staples and a few new varieties like the purple cauliflower I thought would be fun to try.  I have slowed down on going every week but I do know that the winter farmers market started up a few weeks ago and would love to go and check out their winter selection.  I am sure there are a lot of recipes I can discover cooking from that.











www.stpaulfarmersmarket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment