Sunday, December 9, 2012

Fried Egg Sandwich with Bacon and Blue Cheese

I'm a rebel this week.  I decided to ditch Bittman and prepare a recipe from Smitten Kitchen: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2012/02/fried-egg-sandwich-with-bacon-and-blue-cheese/.  This website is a new discovery/obsession of mine and has such beautiful food photography and mouthwatering recipes.  I decided to make this tasty sandwich.

First step, put some salad greens in a bowl.

Second step, fry up some bacon.  Then combine red wine vinegar with the bacon grease and whisk in dijon mustard.  Pour the hot dressing over the greens.

Fry an egg.  Layer bacon, greens, egg, and blue cheese on a tasty toasted bun or roll.  Then eat.  Super good.

Believe it or not, I'd never fried bacon before this.  I've been baking my bacon in the oven.  Frying was super quick!  I'll probably be frying bacon again soon, like tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment