Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cinnamon Butter Cookies

This week I made Cinnamon Butter Cookies (pg. 892-893) from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything.

This recipe called for:

  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 cup milk






First I heat the oven to 375F. Then I creamed together the butter and sugar. After that I added the vanilla and egg and beat it until it was well blended. 










I mixed together the dried ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder) in a bowl. Then I added half the dry ingredients to the mixed wet ingredients. I beat it for a bit and then added some milk and beat it again. The I added the remainder of the dry ingredients and the remainder of the milk, and beat it a final time. 











Then I dropped it by spoon full onto a baking sheet. 

After that I made the cinnamon sugar. That called for 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. 












I sprinkled the cinnamon sugar onto the dropped cookie dough. 









Then I put it into the oven until the outsides were browned.

My sister couldn't wait for them to come out of the oven. She thought they were delicious and I agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment