Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fried Rice

Fried Rice

pg 212

Most college students fall back on ramen noodles when they run low on food or just don't want to make anything. Not me, my fall back food is rice! During finals week last semester I swear I lived on the stuff. So it's no surprise that I love fried rice. I have been searching and searching for a good recipe only to be let down every time. When I saw that our cookbook had a recipe for fried rice I decided to give it one last try.


The recipe called for peanut oil, but I didn't have any of that so I went with sesame oil (instead of the olive oil I have pictured). It was left over from the previous fried rice recipes I had tried. Scallions were also supposed to be used, but I didn't have any of those and frankly didn't know what they were. So I just skipped those and threw in some bean sprouts.

The recipe was super easy and quick! I'm also very happy to say I have finally found a fried rice recipe that I am pleased with!

No comments:

Post a Comment