Sunday, September 23, 2012

 Butternut Squash and Coconut Soup

 As the leaves falls so does the temperature.  The season of fall is here! One of my favorite seasons to enjoy in a big bowl of soup. I found myself bundled up this enjoying walking around the farmers market this morning.   A big beautiful butternut squash sat in a basket next to the farmers stand.  My mouth started to salivate over the thought of the silky creamy goodness of butternut squash soup!  This is a great vegetarian option that is sure to satisfy.  If you are vegan you can simply substitute the butter for your favorite veggie oil.

You can find this recipe and many other variations in Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything. 

I used an emulsion blender to blend all these delicious flavors into a creamy silky texture.

Vola! Garnish with some fresh parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment