Monday, September 24, 2012

Zucchini Pancakes!

\\\\   Ingredients and recipe for Bittman's Zucchini Pancakes can be found on page 355   ////
I'm always looking for ways to remake your standard comfort food so that it is healthier - not necessarily healthy, but getting there.  That's why I love the idea of vegetable-based pancakes.  In last night's recipe, I made a double batch, meaning four pounds of zucchini.

 With enough flour on the hands to ball up the mixture without it sticking, I could manage getting it in the pan alright - but I really should've paid more attention to the detail where elsewhere in the chapter Bittman talks about squeezing the grated zucchini with a towel to get a large amount of the moisture out.  It sure got messy with all of the zucchini and flour!
Delicious!  I wonder what it would be like to bake these...

No comments:

Post a Comment