Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pasta with Onion and Bacon

This recipe is on page 132 of the softcover edition. It was very easy to make, delicious, and satisfying.

The recipe includes the following:

-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1/2 cup bacon
-1 small onion (minced)
-28 oz can of whole plum tomatoes
-1 lb of any type of long pasta
-salt and ground pepper for taste
-Parmesan cheese
-Minced parsley leaves

I first began to boil water in a large pot for the pasta and while the water was building to a boil I began preparing the other ingredients. I sliced the bacon into small pieces and cooked it with the olive oil until it was crispy and then set it to the side. At this point the water in the large pot was to a boil and I added the pasta. Then I cooked the onion until brown and added the tomatoes which I smashed with my hands. These combine to make the sauce for the pasta.


I chose to slice the onions instead of mincing them because I just love the texture of sliced onions. However, if you want the onions to mix better with the tomatoes I would suggest mincing them.

After the tomatoes broke down enough and became saucy I turned the heat off and was ready to eat! Just top it with parmesan, parsley, and ground pepper for added flavor.


As you can see I did not mince the parsley and instead used the parsley as a garnish. This meal took about 30 minutes to cook and was very easy. The flavor was very rich (and delicious) and it did not take much to fill me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment